Press Guide for accurate reporting on the Contaminated Blood Scandal - Factor VIII
Do not use images or video of Blood Bags or Blood Transfusions. This has almost nothing to do with the Factor VIII clotting agent and creates confusion and misleads the public, this is the most common mistake. If it's red, stay away.
Do not refer to Factor VIII itself as "blood", it isn't. Factor VIII was/is a commercial medicine. Factor VIII is NOT a "blood transfusion".
- Use images and video of Factor VIII concentrates, which are the "blood products" in question. The product has the appearance of a CLEAR LIQUID in a GLASS BOTTLE.
- Refer back to the fact that one of the steps in making this product is to "pool" or "mix" thousands of PLASMA donations.
SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE FOR ROYALTY FREE IMAGES OF FACTOR VIII & LINKS TO VIDEO CLIPS FOR PRESS USE
Learn more about how Factor VIII was made.
royalty free images - contaminated blood scandal / factor blood products.
All images below are available supplied to you completley royalty and credit free for press and media use. All of the pictures below are originals and freely provided by members of Factor 8 Campaign UK who have agreed for them to be freely distributed royalty and credit free including for press and media use.
VIDEO FOOTAGE OF FACTOR VIII / CONTAMINATED BLOOD SCANDAL
Follow links to view and license videos for press use.
VIDEOS FROM GETTYIMAGES
- Factor VIII being unboxed and used. http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/license/810982158
- Factor VIII being produced and on production line. http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/license/804500290
VIDEOS FROM ITN SOURCE
- INT|Haemophilia CMS Hands inject fluid from one small ) R 3057|Soc bottle to another then shake bottle - ) 3.11.87| - heat treated on box in b/g ) - http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/wilson-intvw-prother-at-home-rushes-not-received-in-cat-news-footage/721176829
- ENGLAND CMS Hand holding Factor 8 sample in small|London bottle and filling with another|Haemophilia CS Hand shaking bottle|Soc CMS Bottle replaced on bench and syringe| unwrapped|| CMS Syringe being filled from Factor 8| bottle by patient| CS Syringe being pushed into tube running| up arm PULL OUT patient seated - http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/hand-holding-factor-8-sample-in-smalllondon-bottle-and-news-footage/72112518
VIDEOS FROM BBC MOTION GALLERY