CONTAMINATED BLOOD SCANDAL PUBLIC INQUIRY
UK-WIDE PUBLIC INQUIRY INTO THE CONTAMINATED BLOOD SCANDAL
On 11th July 2017 Theresa May announced that a Public Inquiry would be held into the Contaminated Blood Scandal .
Factor 8 Campaign UK now strongly urges all victims and/or their family members affected by Contaminated Factor Concentrates to contact Collins Solicitors to discuss representation at the Inquiry and get advice on legal options.
Factor 8 Campaign UK is an advocacy group and as such we do not ourselves provide legal advice and no information provided on this website or any content we publish should be taken in this way. It is for this reason we recommend you contact the specialist firm of solicitors above.
Chronology of the UK Infected Blood Public Inquiry announced in 2017
This page is continually updated as more information about the Public Inquiry into the Contaminated Blood Scandal becomes available. This page was last updated on: 12/02/18 08:20am
- An Inquiry into the Contaminated Blood Scandal was announced on 11th July 2017 by the Prime Minister Theresa May.
- Consultation on the Scope & Fomat of the Inquiry began on 20th July 2017 and was planned to end on 14th August 2017 however this was subsequently extended by 2 months and the consultation ended on 18th October 2017.
- On 27th October 2017 the 10 Downing Street Press Office confirmed that the Department of Health would not be the "sponsoring department" of the Inquiry. 10 Downing street also said that "an announcement will be made in a few weeks".
- On 3rd November 2017 it was announced that The Cabinet Office would be the "sponsoring department" of the Inquiry into the Contaminated Blood Scandal, the responsible Minister was Damian Green but is now David Lidington following Damian's resignation.
- On 8th February 2018 the Chair of the Inquiry was announced to be The Hon. Mr Brian Langstaff.
- On TBC it was announced that the "setting-up date" of the Inquiry would be TBC.
- On TBC the Terms of Reference were confirmed.