- Jason is the Founder of Factor 8 - The Independent Haemophilia Group.
- He is the lead claimant in the Contaminated Blood Products Group Litigation currently before the High Court.
- He is a Core Participant in the Infected Blood Public Inquiry.
- Jason principally carries out investigatory work, a variety of which has been featured in national and international media.
- Jason is the central contact and spokesperson for Factor 8.
Jason's Father Jonathan died in October 1993 after being infected with both Hepatitis C and HIV from contaminated Factor VIII products.
Jason in the Press
On 17th May 2018 MySociety published an article detailing Jason's hunt for evidence.
On 25th October 2017 Sky News broke the story of how new Cabinet Office papers showed a cover-up which had been discovered and supplied to them by Jason.
On 26th September 2017 a Group Legal Order was granted by Senior Master Fontaine in the case of "Jason Evans & Others V Secretary State for Health".
On 15th July 2017, Jason sent a letter co-signed by more than 250 people from the affected community to the Prime Minister and Department of Health outlining key principles the Inquiry must adopt, including having statutory powers and not being handled by the Department of Health. Both of these requests were subsequently met.
On 4th July 2017 evidence unearthed and presented by Jason was featured on the front page of the Daily Mail newspaper.
On 4th July 2017 Collins Law lodged a Group Legal Order on behalf of over 400 people (led by Jason who is the main claimant) with the High Court that alleged Negligence and Breach of Statutory Duty against the Government. The Times Link.
In May / June 2017 Jason highlighted damning evidence which showed that even after the Department of Health said that there was conclusive evidence that the AIDS Virus was in Factor VIII, they hid this knowledge from patients for almost a year. ITV Link. Express Link.
In May 2017 Jason featured in the episode of BBC Panorama "Contaminated Blood: The Search for The Truth".